watercome15 asked: Hey so i'm from Egypt and i was wondering how to get a scholarship in other country and what should i do and i'm not a senior yet -will be in 2 years- but i just want to know what to do now. Thanks so much :)
I’m assuming you want to apply for scholarships in another country because you want to go to school there? It’s difficult to give advice not knowing what country you want to study in, but here’s our advice for finding and applying for scholarships in the United States:
At the school you want to attend:
Most universities have a ton of random scholarships funded by the university itself or donations made my alumni or community members. Unfortunately, a lot of schools don’t do a very good job telling students about those scholarships.
You should send a quick email to an academic counselor at the school you plan to go to. You can speed up the process by telling them a little info about yourself like your GPA, your class (freshman, sophomore, etc.), and your major (or what you intend to major in).
There are thousands of national scholarships running basically all the time.
- Fastweb is a good place to look. For example, here are the summer scholarships they’ve rounded up.
- BigFuture by College Board is another good place to look.
- This website is the U.S. Department of Labor’s scholarship search tool.
General Tips: Once you have applied for a few scholarships it will get easier. You will be able to apply for them like a machine.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Every essay you submit doesn’t have to be completely different.
- Apply for every possible scholarship.
- Watch out for scams. (You should never have to pay to apply for a scholarship. You should never release private bank or social security info.)